Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Help?

I have a bunch (not a ton) of old vinyl records. You could even call them vintage. Like Country Joe and the Fish (he's from Whidbey Island, thankyouverymuch); Iron Butterfly (In-a- gadda-da-vida was a drugged pronuciation of "In the garden of Eden"); Blood, Sweat, and Tears; CSNY (I'll give you a prize if you're the first to tell me who that is); The Carpenters; Ramsey Lewis (and the Ramsey Lewis Trio); 5th Dimension (the age of Aquarius); and a few more. I just don't need all this vinyl laying around. I pulled out the ones I really wanted (or didn't have already on disc) like Johnny Cash live at San Quinten, and all my childhood records ( I spent a lot of time alone in my room listening to my record player and reading).

So anyway, to the point. I want to sell them, but have no idea if any of them are actually worth anything. Should I just ask $5 for each on Craigslist? Could one of them be a rare find that could be worth hundreds (and then I'll feel like a fool for selling it for $5 to some schmo.)? If you have any idea on where I could begin (and yes, I looked a little bit online before reaching out) I would really appreciate some direction!

3 comments:

t said...

csny = crosby, stills, nash AND young??? what are my prize:

Kate said...

I'd look on Ebay and see what the records are going for. Some might be more valuable than other.

Tink1272 said...

Are there any used record/music stores in your area? Even Seattle, there should be something. I know in Portland we have Everyday Music and a few others. I would check with them about the best places to go. They will give you the best market price for the collectible ones, and you can still get something for the rest.