Thursday, April 10, 2008

Swamp Feet

I just took my shoes off for the evening. Good Gawd. This is why I have made a personal vow to wear sandals when at all possible. I mean besides my fantasy to live a laid back lifestyle (a la Jimmy Buffet), but because I have stinky feet too, which I wasn't aware of until I started wearing my tennies all day. I've been wearing them because they are the only shoe that I can put my SuperFeet orthotics in that provide a small amount of relief.

My foot (now my feet because I've been compensating) is killing me. It' been killing me for months now. I've tried all sorts of things to releive it on my own. But it just hurts now more than ever. My doc said I have almost flat feet, my mother in law says I have a bone spur or plantar facitis, I think I broke the damn thing it hurts so bad, except there is no swelling or bruising so I think I'm wrong.

ANYWAY... yesterday I stepped on a shard of one of my new plates (that chipped! I knew I was not responsible enough for porcelian plates) and it cut the hell out of the ball of my foot. So now it hurts in both the front and back of my foot, so I have no where to shift my weight onto to releive the pain!

So I called my insurance company (dirty bastards as a whole) and they will pay for orthotics! Yippee! So I have an appointment for Monday. Relief is in sight! But now I need some Odor Eaters!

1 comments:

Jen said...

I have a lovely pair of pressure hose to go with your orthotics, old lady!