Saturday, April 12, 2008

Seeds of Compassion


Pre-game Show.



After the Procession of Cultures, all the tribes from the area gathered around welcomed us to their land.


His Holiness the 14th (not the 4th like Gov. Gregoire introduced him as) Dalai Lama.


Tracy scored a couple extra tickets to the celebration today at Qwest field. The message was about compassion, and how we can bring it in our own lives and put it into action. He also spoke of ending nuclear weapons (if we've all agreed not to use them, why do we still have them?) and how men can be troublemakers when put into power, and women seem to keep peace. Also, he believes that all of the world leaders should take family vacations together. BBQ hot dogs, let their children build sand castles together, etc. So when it comes time to talk about difficult matters, they will have a better connection to the man they are having conflict with. I'm not near as articulate as His Holiness, but I hope I got the just of his message. I am so grateful that Tracy thought of me to invite along and be a part of a glorious day (by far the most beautiful day of the year).

1 comments:

t said...

I am at the moment seethingly jealous about the awesomeness of your camera! I'm SO happy you got to be a part of this weekend!!! Do you upload to snapfish or anywhere you can share these fotos?