Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crazy day.

"Ouch"
Natalie's pushing up her hair like a pinup girl (how else would you describe it?) "Smile, Mei-Mei (Daisy)!" I'll try to get a better pic of poor Daisy. She does, however, love her new hairdo.

We woke up lazily enough this morning, but by 10:30 Brady was complaining about his dog bite on his knee, it was itching and it hurt. It was a little inflamed, so I called and made an appointment for him to be seen by a doctor later that day, which meant he was going to miss school today (it also meant I was forced to either report the dog, or subject my son to a series of Rabies shots. It was an obvious decision, but no less pleasant to make.)
Of course, this appointment was made after I made an appointment for Daisy to get groomed. In her older age, it is getting more and more difficult for her to groom her long hair, so I took her to NW Kennels, where Katie did a marvelous job, and they were all very friendly.

Oh, and Natalie has school at 11:00 too. Time to call my mommy.

Luckily (I musta done something good this week), my mom had just gotten off early and was home for the day.

I: loaded everyone in the van, drove Daisy to the groomer, took Natalie to preschool, did my grocery shopping at Costco and fed Brady lunch there (we even got to eat with daddy), picked up Daisy from the groomer, took Brady to his doctor appointment (it's healing fine), dropped Brady off at my mom's house, picked up Natalie at school, and drove to Fairhaven for MY doctor appointment (that I kept trying to forget).

Everything calmed down and on the way home I stopped and got Natalie's haircut at the Cuts Plus (or whatever) next door to Trader Joes. Oh, and since we're there, we did a little shopping at TJ's and found the Yeti.

Back to mom's to get Brady, literally was one car ahead of Larry coming home from work (the kids thought that was the greatest, having daddy following us home), made dinner, made an unpleasant phone call, put my feet up and enjoyed my lemon drop that my hubby brought me, tag teamed the kids to bed, and now... I'm blogging.

I'm a glutton for punishment!

Oh, and I have to get up EARLY tomorrow since I didn't work today to make up the hours!

4 comments:

Erin said...

That's a fun haircut (I mean Nat, not the cat). I hope that Dr's appointment of your made up for the lousy parts of your day :)

Kate said...

I hear ya - seems like life has sped up now that I have a kid in school. There's never enough time.

Jen said...

Wow, what a day. I think it's time to slap the yellow cab sign on the side of your van! What's Yeti?

rebecca said...

What about the phone call, don't just leave us hanging!