Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our boy is growing up

Tracy and mine, that is. She emailed me tonight and as soon as I read "Senior Pictures" I started to cry. I cannot believe Josh is a Senior in high school. Wasn't I just a senior at SWHS? Oh wait, that was 15 YEARS AGO!!!
Anyway, click on the title of this post to link to view some of Josh's shots. Tracy, I DO expect a giganto photo you know. And some extras to scrapbook ;)
Today seemed like a pretty wonderful day. I got a terrific haircut today (if it wasn't 10:30 at night I might take a picture of myself for your viewing (dis)pleasure).
My son and I had a nice bike ride home together after school.
I had a nice visit with my friend Chris and her 3 children at Bloedel-Donovan park (with a surprise appearance by my mom).
I had a fun evening scrapbooking with my friend/co-worker Julie (and HI Stephanie!)
I found out my friend(maid of honor at my wedding) is coming up for a visit at the end of this month.
My BFF Jackie had a wonderful visit with her "estranged" sister. So wonderful in fact, that her sister is going to move out to the mid-west so they can be closer. She is thrilled. Jackie doesn't get thrilled by stuff like this, so I know this is a wonderful decision for her. Jackie called me while I was at Haggen tonight and my snarky side came out ( I can't help it when I'm "with" her). This lady, who clearly wasn't a parent was shluping around the grocery store in her red plaid flannel pj's and slippers buying 4 boxes of Kraft mac-n-cheese and about 6 jugs of cranberry juice. It was weird. And I had the urge to giggle at her. So I ran over 2 aisles to I could describe her to Jackie. She appreciates my love to laugh at people. I think she cultivated this quality in me, to be honest.
It's my DH's (does that mean Darling Husband in chat talk? I don't speak that language) 43rd birthday tomorrow! My neighbor gave me some apples from her tree, so I'm going to make Lar his favorite dessert: apple crisp. And then his mama is coming over so that he and I can go on a date. It's been awhile since we've gone anywhere together without children. I mean he's gone out and I've gone out, but we've not been out. A little dinner, maybe a move (Burn After Reading), and maybe a little sunset stroll on the boardwalk... Who knows.

3 comments:

t said...

You get to hand pick whatever you want of course. I can't believe our other "boy" is so old either.. sheesh!!

Jackie said...

Yeah - we'll see with the whole moving out here sitch - she didn't seem to motivated when I told her it's not gonna be a free ride. THIS IS WHY I DON'T GET THRILLED. I hope you and Larry enjoy your night together :) I am off to the store to get some Mac n cheese and cranberry Juice. Ta Ta....

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the shout out Heather!:) It was nice to meet you!