Friday, September 26, 2008

No Bunco.

Michelle(profile), Kate (our host), and Shu.

I rolled off for most travels (3 of the number you aren't rolling for) with who else but my house guest, Shu. Of course the newbie wins $$. Dang it.

Loads of fun, we filled the van (7 of us) and headed to Kate's. So we also did our part by removing 6 cars from the road tonight (which also meant most of my passengers got to enjoy their beverage of choice freely.)


Oh, and I found out yet another thing that Kate and I have in common. We are both haunted by the same science film about frogs. I get this horrible goose-bump sensation whenever I think about it. I've had nightmares about it. I saw it in my Senior Advanced Biology class in high school, and it scarred me. So gross, I can't even type what it is. Ok, I will. For you. But trust me it doesn't do it justice. Maybe if you're braver than me you could youtube it or Google it, but I have no interest in EVER seeing it again.
The male frog collects his little frog eggs on his back and covers them with a slime that strongly resembles his own skin. Then when the little eggs hatch, they explode out of his skin, and the skin/slimey membrane crawls as they hatch before the explosion of little tadpoles. Disturbing.

1 comments:

Kate said...

So much fun last night! Thanks for being the bus driver and bringing out the crew.

And we must never speak of those frogs again.