Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jungle Fever

Natalie tried desperately to take this photo herself. She couldn't accept the fact that her little arms just wouldn't reach.
My blue eyed girl (well bluish-greyish). And a little lip owie courtesy of her big brother. Natalie snapped this one of Gramma.
And this one is on my blog because my mother put a photo of me in my high school annual of me in a paisley sweater and groucho marx glasses on (and I was in the throws of puberty). There is a similar silly-faced shot of me that Natalie took, but I had too many chins so I'm not posting that one (2 chins is my online limit).

er... Jungle headache that is. It was grey all weekend, so I decided the kids and I would head south to Jungle Playland so they could get some wiggles out.

Just as we were putting our shoes on my mom called and decided to join us (I love having her in town). We hit the Burger Me drive through on the way out of Bham and played at the jungle for a couple of hours.

We didn't leave on a high note, but the kids had a great time. They have this vacuum that sucks ball pit balls up into a holding tank, and every so often the tank dumps the balls back into the pit and they rain down onto the children. You always know when it happens because the rest of the play area clears out, then you hear collective shrieks of joy. Brady spent the majority of his time in here since he insisted on wearing shorts and subsequently kept burning the backs of his thighs as he tried to go down the slides.

And Natalie finally got up enough nerve to go down the slides on her own. You could hear her screaming as she would come down, and then she would pop up and pump one fist in the air.

But she soon tired of the slides and resorted to taking photos of me and my mom (and many of my elbow).

We hit up Value Village on our way out of town and my mom picked me up my very own punch bowl for $4 (thank you Stefanie for the offer!).

Natalie snoozed all the way home while Brady alternated from asking me if we were close to home and arguing my answer and talking to himself.

The kids had so much fun last night in the hot tub that Brady actually woke up this morning and told me so (that just plain doesn't happen. Neither does a spontaneous 'I love you' come from this kid. I can count on one hand how many times he's told me that on his own free will.) So what did we do tonight before bed? Hey, if we all say goodnight in good spirits, I'm all for a nightly hot tub.