Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wash your cares away

When I got home from my first PTA event (signing people up for a rewards program), my son decided he needed to have a toy taken away. Then he decided he needed another toy removed. Then he decided that he wasn't going to have a time out in his room, so I chased him in there. Then my mom remarked "how do you not smack the crap out of him?" and I said... well, I don't want to say what I said, because it sounds awful, but it's the truth. Just know that I have never harmed my son physically, but somedays it's all I can do to not.
Anyway, his antics chased my mom out of here, and the downward spiral was continuing (my mood and his behavior). So I looked up the pools hours. No.
So I heaved our waterlogged hot tub cover off (note to self, go to Barron Heating and just buy another goddamn cover!) and the three of us got in. In the pouring rain. Which really isn't a factor when your sitting in 101 degree water. We played in there for well over an hour, I was giggling madly, the children were in hyterics and screeching with delight. It was just what we all needed.
I'm telling ya, if you're about to blow a gasket, head to a body of water. It works every time. Seriously.

Then I had a great talk with a college friend of mine, Jacqueline. She had a little boy, Sebastian, on the 15th and he joins his twin (2 1/2 year old) brother and sister. Jacqueline now has 3 under 3, after 4 years of trying to have children without success, her family now is bursting at the seams. Er, bursting at the pampers!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Man, sorry you had such a rough day but thankfully you found a way to relax and improve everyone's moods. :)

Hang in there friend!