Friday, September 12, 2008

Glutton for punishment

Have you ever had a day like this and wondered why the hell you are doing what you are doing? Today is (was) my dad's birthday. Last night I recorded 102 minutes that changed America. Today I sat down while the kids are outside playing and start to watch it. Mournfully crying from the very beginning. About 14 minutes into it, my mom calls just to say hi and she snapped me out of it. I cried on her shoulder and griped all my gripes out and felt much better. But then I wondered aloud "why the hell was I watching that documentary today, of all days?" Not healthy!
But it's also a reminder of how much September 11 still impacts our lives. I live on the other side of the country and mourn still; watching this documentary made me ache for the people who were witness to it all.
Ah, tomorrow will be a fresh day. It's my longest (not oldest!) friend Terra's birthday (September is dripping with birthdays in my circle) and the newest branch of the library is opening down the hill from me, and we plan on attending the ribbon cutting!

0 comments: