Monday, September 1, 2008

No-Labor day

Brady got stuffed into a hole in their yard. Natalie "helping" daddy play poor-mans horseshoes.
You get a real sense of the dedication and self-discipline these men have for their sport (the sport being flinging golf balls on a string).

I slept in a little today (while Larry was out on a 50 mile bike ride, heh heh) recovering from a ginormous migraine last night (aggravated by trotting and horse poo).

We headed up to our good friends Rusty and Roxie for a BBQ and Oyster feed. Apparently Rusty won't eat oysters, so Roxie invited everyone she could think of so she could justify gorging on shellfish. We grilled them and poured a little white wine and garlic butter on them, and they were mighty tasty. I'm not a huge fan of bivalves (I only ate 3, where Larry and his friend Joe ate at least a dozen or more) since they remind me of swallowing my own snot, but grilled they were much better.

After the BBQ, we headed home and the boys cleaned house for a "party" (I have a house full of poker players downstairs right now), while Natalie and I had a marathon grocery shop at Freddies.

I think I'll have to sneak downstairs to steal the vodka and make myself a cocktail... if I didn't have a house full of young men, I'd hop in the hot tub too and soak my jostled body. Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I always wondered what the heck that game was! Anytime you want to go on a picture adventure, let me know!! Bellingham has the best places ever!

Anonymous said...

House full of young men???? Can you pick me up at Sea-Tac? hehehe :)