Sunday, September 28, 2008

Girlfriends and prep work

It was gorgeous today, so while Shu caught up with an old classmate, the kids and I met my mom at the farmers market for a quick stroll.

Can you tell Brady likes raspberries?
"Mommy, take a picture of me!"
Larry was busy at home mowing and installing our cave (temple of doom?) for Brady's party. It's looking pretty sweet, plus we're getting geared up for Halloween and this is giving us a good "test run" at what our house might look like next month.

Julie, Shu and I then headed out to Treasury of Memories (TOM for short) for their fall open house, which was loads of fun, but we all agreed we needed to celebrate our craftiness with cocktails.
We schmoozed the waitress into taking our picture...

Off to Boston pizza for happy hour and girl talk. Loads of fun.
Then before bed I figured I'd better decorate Brady's cake in case I ran into any technical difficulties I would still have time to rectify them. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Duhduh duh duhhhh... duh duh duhhh (I'm singing the Raiders March aka theme from Indiana Jones, can't you tell?)
Now, I've got to get my rest for the killer shindig tomorrow... I can't believe my boy is 6! I'm holding out until Tuesday to really let my emotions sink in on that one, when he'll actually be 6.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Fun! Looking forward to celebrating with you.

And I hear ya on our boy's being 6. Before you know it, they'll be 16.

Damnit.

Jen said...

Wow, the cake looks fabulous!

rebecca said...

Great cake Heather! Happy Birthday Brady, wow, 6!