Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Little Epistle


Even though we aren't religious, I love the name of Natalie's preschool, it reminds me of "little pistol" which is what she is.
Brady chose to wait outside while I brought Natalie in to her classroom, it seems they've added/subtracted some features in the playground and Brady felt he needed to investigate (mostly the gigantic sand box that got installed over the summer). Brady was also kept company by a squirrel that kept trying to enter the foyer of the school.
Natalie was such a champ, she marched in and sat down next to Mrs. Ho (Oh, Natalie! It's so good to see you!), and did a quickie art project, suspiciously eyed the huge dollhouse (that a baby was playing with. Babies are not cool to my kids, they "suck on their toys") and then we were joined by Brady (who made nice comments about Natalie's classroom to her and was very much a nice big brother. Knock me over with a feather.) We headed over to the "Noisy Room", where Mrs Thompson was reading a story. Natalie snuggled right up in her lap and joined in.
The only shaky part was when two boys (isn't it always the boys?) were having hysterical fits when their parents left, it kind of unnerved the other children a little bit. And I saw one mom (who was VERY pregnant) having a really good cry over dropping of her child for the first time. Oh, if only I could be that sentimental.
NOPE.
After I dropped Brady off at school, I headed straight over to my favorite scrapbooking mecca, Treasury of memories and made myself some greeting cards. I didn't have quite enough time for a pedicure, so I went over to TJ MAXX and browsed. I haven't browsed in a long time. It was nice.
Maybe Thursday I'll get that pedi...

3 comments:

Erin said...

That sounds like a darn good day! I hope this school year brings a lot more just like it.

Brooke said...

Isnt it so wonderful to browse!! I am jumping for joy with my 2 hours a couple days a week!

Kate said...

Even though I WAS that mom crying over dropping her kid at school, I am rediscovering the ease with which you can do things with only ONE child. I can't imagine what I'll do with NO kids. :)