Monday, September 29, 2008

Professor Allred hosts annual soiree

My little brother and my little mom.

One of our neighbor girls doing some damage on the skull pinata.
A slice of our little guests.

Ok, this is a cute picture of Brady, but before I cropped it or anything, I wanted you to look at the little girl behind him. She clearly isn't helping Brady, but she can't help herself!

Brady had his birthday party Sunday and he was surrounded by all that love him. Uncle Rich even drove all the way up from Lynnwood just to have a slice of pizza with him.
Larry slaved over making our Temple of Doom (it helped keep the yellow jackets out of the house) and we had a "Splat the eyeball on Indiana" game. I had a poster from the movie and found sticky eyeballs that the kids threw at the poster. Then we had an obstacle course. This is how it went down:
1. Kate kept the kids behind a curtain so they couldn't see out, and let them out in intervals.
2. Both Grandmas shot silly string (our version of poison arrows) at the kids as soon as they came outside and they ran towards me, where they
3. Had to jump over 2 alligators.
4. Then they ran to the "swamp" filled with snakes and had to fish out 3 gold coins.
5. Then they ran up and out our gate where Larry and my brother were rolling our exercise balls (the famous rolling boulder scene) at them.
6. Once they got past the boulders they got to excavate a diamond out of a stone, and that diamond was their currency to get to whack the pinata.

The kids had so much fun on the obstacle course (phew! And thank you to all the adults that helped with that!) they all ran it again. I think the silly string attack scared them the first time, but the second time they were ready for it.

We whacked a pinata and they filled their satchels with goodies (the goody bags were little satchels filled with a compass, magnifying glass, flashlight, jumping spider, flashing red light (just because they're fun), and chocolate.) Then they all had pizza, cake and ice cream. We tried to make everyone eat outside (to save my house and it was beautiful yesterday), but the yellow jackets are in the last moments of their season, so they're a little feisty.

We all had such a fantastic day surrounded by friends and family, it was very memorable. And wouldn't ya know it? About an hour after his party ended, Brady's tooth fell out! And he's got another tooth that will be gone in a week, I bet.

A lousy picture, but I was running up to him moments after his tooth fell out. It fell out at the top of our neighbors driveway and was afraid it was lost!


**Post Party note: As I was writing this post, I remembered that I forgot to put out the life-size cardboard cutout of Indiana Jones out for the party. What a friggin idiot! Wasn't this an Indiana Jones party? And I spent a few bucks for him too! Damn it! So now he is standing at the top of our stairs for Brady to see when he wakes up tomorrow, which is is actual birthday.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Uuh, Larry was not rolling those balls down the hill... He was flinging those suckers dodgeball style and cutting the kids off at the knees. It's really no wonder the tooth came out!

t said...

saweet!

Jen said...

Sounds like the party was a very memorable one! I'm really enjoying the jumping spider and all the unusual places it's popping up. Happy Birthday Brady!

Jackie said...

Ahhh! Happy Birthday, Brady! Sounds like a blast and what a FUN party! Lucky little guy!! Wish I could have been there to celebrate. :)

Kate said...

It was a a great party. You're so creative! LOVED the obstacle course. Kinda wanted to run it myself. Oh well. :)

rebecca said...

Can I hire you to plan Griffin's? your amazing!

Anonymous said...

oh sounds like such a successful day. You are such a good mom. I never spent that much energy on a birthday party. ooppss. :) I think that's a birthday he will NEVER forget.