Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beer:30

Let's go fly a kite, up where the wind is right (name the movie?)
Now I understand why I call my children "wild animals". It's genetic. Alright, now he's just showing off.
What goes up, must come down!


I am wrapping up today with a nice Blue Moon Belgian white wheat ale. Pretty tasty. We had a Winnie the Pooh kind of day here, very blustery.
We tried to go to Boulevard park to fly kites, but there was some hippie fest going on, so we went to Marine park. We got some flying done, and threw some rocks too. Then we headed into Fairhaven to have a early dinner (at the fish-n-chips bus. I'd never been there. Not too shabby!) Then we took our ice cream cones down to the village green and listened (and danced) to Yambique. They are a Salsa/Latin band. So I busted out my new moves with the kids (Lar kept his hiney parked on the bench). quick-quick-slow, quick-quick-slow.
Larry went to play poker tonight with the boys, but just walked back in the door; I guess he got his ass handed to him tonight. He usually plays until the wee hours of the morning, tonight he was home by 8:00. You got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run. OK,OK, I'll continue, don't beg! You never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin', when the dealin's done.
I had the Urban Chipmunk record when I was a kid. You don't know good music until you've heard Alvin sing The Gambler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Looks like there were some good times today! Glad to see that (and hear about it). Thank you for getting this post done....I can now go to bed. :)

rebecca said...

omg, you just brought back some childhood memories, I had that same album. Gotta love Alvin!