Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tall Ships

Jen called me just as I was leaving work (a 2 hour meeting with my children, you can imagine how fun and productive it was) and invited us to join her, Amelia and Aiden down at Zuanich park to tour the Tall Ships.
There were two ships that had docked in the marina, and they were staffed with real live pirates! The kids had a great time exploring, though I think they would have liked to have been more "hands on" instead of "look but don't touch".
Jen and I deserved a beer afterwards (walking a very long pier in the marina with 4 children is a little stressful, especially when one keeps breaking away to peer over the side, inviting the others to follow suit).
Since the Web Locker was closed (at 5pm. during the summer. duh.), we went to Applebees, where we snarfed down our dinner and Corona's.
Finished the day up with chasing our neighbors-sons-pit bull out of our yard (again) and scooping dog poop. Jealous, aren't ya?




4 comments:

Jen said...

thanks for helping me pass the evening!

Kate said...

Oh fun! How long are they in town for?

rebecca said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Brooke said...

Thanks for the directions! I dont know if i would have found them at all! They were hiding. Very cool though!