Monday, July 21, 2008

Someone's got a case of the Mondays!

Not really, but it's Monday and I have a migraine. I had to work all day (gasp!) and I was talking to the doctor (the one I work for) about Migraine triggers and how some people get auras and other things just before the onset of a headache (many forms of headaches are vision related).
Then at about 4 o'clock I was on the computer doing something, and part of the screen disappeared. At about 4:15, my migraine kicked in. Almost made it to closing time!
Got home and realized that I left my cell phone (my only line of communication besides email) on the charger at work. Shit. So I took the kids back to work, let them eat at Morries for dinner, and crashed at Erin's house for a few to let the kids burn off the grease they just consumed.

On a fun note though, I went to B&N and bought my very own copy of Raising Your Spirited Child (I've had a friends copy for about 6 months and have only gotten 1/3 through it). It has helped me gain some perspective on Brady (and Larry and myself too). I would just like to see a few more solutions for discipline, communication, diversion, etc.

Of course we got lost in the children's section and I walked out of there with:

  • Miss Nelson is Missing! (on of my fav. classics)
  • Adventures of The Magic School Bus (was for a birthday gift, but got confiscated by my kids)
  • Franklin Rides a Bike (to encourage Brady to ditch the training wheels)
  • Sammy: The classroom Guinea Pig (for Natalie, but really for me. I heart guinea pigs)
  • The Best of Wee Sing (CD) I also love Wee Sing songs. Sue me, I love to sing old campfire tunes.
  • The Barenaked Ladies new children's CD, Snack Time (So far, awesome. Love those cheese-heads)

1 comments:

Jen said...

I love children's book. I think Theresa has such a cool job!