Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Manual labor

I don't think I've sat still the last few days... yesterday I worked and then Larry spent the afternoon/evening golfing. I don't mind the sport in general, it's that it takes 4-6 hours to play it. I'm done after 9 holes, I really can't see spending that long on a hobby/sport. I started hammering the nails back down on our decks (relieving a little frustration) and when I got home Larry decided we needed to refinish the decks. I agree, but didn't think about starting it at 8pm.

So this morning I woke up and pressure washed the front deck while Larry sanded parts of the back deck. Then I spent this afternoon sanding the whole front deck (and missed the phone call letting me know that Jamie was in labor, and could I watch her kids? Some friend I am.) and now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stain it tonight after the kids go to bed (because then I don't have to scream at them to stay off of it all day tomorrow.

Oh, and BTW, if you've tried to call me lately, you'll notice that I don't have a land line anymore.
Larry has taken over billing, and wants to see if we can live life with only our cell phones. We'll see. So you have to call me on my cell, and if you don't have it, email me and I will give it to you.

Photos of the deck (and barstools!) to come. And I sold 2 of my old barstools today on Craigslist, yea!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome to the dark side. Larry is starting to sound a bit like me, hahaha. You and Jen could get some soup cans and a spool of string going.

Erin

rebecca said...

Best of luck with the cell phone thing, hope it works out.

Love the new blog banner!