Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wonder mom moment

After work today, I promised (bribed) the kids ice cream if they behaved during my meeting (they did). So I sugared them up, and then they thought they could get me for a trip to McDonalds (Uncle Spencer bought them lunch at Applebees not 20 minutes earlier, and they ate it). Ummmm, No.
Then we get home, and Brady asks me "Can I have a scoop of ice cream on a cone?" He still had a chocolate goatee from the ice cream he just inhaled! Ummmm, No.
We played outside and washed my van, then met Julie at Costco to do our 4th of July shopping together. The kids were starving, so they were little a-holes throughout the store (I usually get pizza first and make them eat on a flatbed while I shop. Classy, that's me) We made it through (only $115, let me insert the #1 Costco joke told to me by dozens of members throughout the year: "They should call this the hundred dollar store!" Thank you, I'll be playing all weekend at the Commodore. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)
I ordered a whole pizza (Costco size pizza), and the 4 of us (Julie, me, and the kids, Larry was building lockers in the breakroom. Glad to see that the salaried managers are doing the really important stuff around there...) Julie and I each had 2 smaller slices. I left with 1 slice of pizza left. There were 16 slices! My children ate 11 slices of pizza between them. They do it everytime too, it's not like this was a fluke!
What the hell am I going to do when they hit puberty? Thank god our membership is free.


Oh... right now we are in the throws of a terrific thunderstorm. And of course it started just as the kids were getting ready to bed, and now they have a renewed energy (at 10:10pm). But the kicker is that Larry took the scooter to work today. Should make for an interesting ride home!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Are you starving your children, Heather?? :)

Quite the storm last night, huh?