Saturday, July 19, 2008

Seattle

Brady discovering his power to create a vortex (Indy Jones can do anything!)

Natalie making "snakes and balls". With brown clay. Snakes and balls alright...

Natalie pretending to be a chipmunk poking out of a log (I cringe at the sight of her with that costume on her head. I'm having flashbacks of her lice incident. I checked her last night. Clear.) Natalie is sitting in Papa Bears chair (too big). They had a storybook section that had The Three Bears chairs; Frog and Toad's home, and Arthur's front door.
Brady chose this snake (I didn't know how big it was until he had already fingered it) and a tarantula at the candy shop. Aren't those common characters in Indiana Jones movies???

I couldn't just expect my kids to drive to Seatac in their jammies (we had to wake them to leave), so after we said our goodbyes to everyone we headed back north only to sit in traffic entering Seattle (at 11 am). I was going to try to get further north before stopping, but the kids had been sitting since 7:30 that morning and were a little antsy. We exited and I parked at the Northlake Mall downtown.
I treated the kids to a monorail ride and we arrived at the Seattle Center. Brady and Natalie voted for the children's museum over the science center (bummer for me). So we headed downstairs and it cost me $22.00 to get in. I about fell down. They charged ME $7.25 (isn't that a movie nowadays?!) This whole concept of charging adults to go to the children's museums pisses me off. Like I'm going to go by myself some days? And it makes me more inclined to come with less adults to save money, resulting in more children being under-supervised (but of course not under my watchful eye. heh-heh)

The kids lasted almost 2 hours (oh, and 2 exhibits were under construction, so we paid full price for 10% less activities). We headed out and took the monorail back to the mall. I couldn't afford to pay for more parking so that we could have lunch downtown, so I bribed the kids with a couple of treats from the candy shop, and we headed out of Seattle.

We lunched at Red Robin and by the time we got to Marysville my eyelids were drooping, but miraculously my children had plenty of energy (can anyone say candy shop?), but they let me close my eyes for 20 minutes at the rest stop, then they decided to nap about 10 miles up the freeway after my nap (couldn't have done it with me, huh?)

Gassed up in Burlington and saved 6 cents per gallon from Bellingham prices (it was only $4.19 there! But somehow I'm still not relieved by this).

Made it home and went Salsa dancing with mom.

I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys were able to have some fun and you made it back home safely. :) If it makes you feel better, I got bumped off my flight (in Seattle) and routed through Milwaukee (rather than Kansas) where there were storms causing delays with the flights. So, I should have been home by midnight, but didn't make it until 2:00 AM (also without a wink of sleep). Then I told my cousin to wake me in the morning so that I can get back on Eastern time. I couldn't open my eyes, they were about how they were after that bottle of wine......only 1/2 open. I just got up from a 2 1/2 hour nap though, so I won't complain. Thanks so much Heather!!!!

Jackie said...

You are the BEST mom ever!!! You are so much fun :) Tim and I went to the movies lately and with admission and a Large popcorn and 2 drinks was about....um... $30 or so... Yeah...