Monday, July 7, 2008

Having a Type A friend has it's benefits.

Tonight was my first night of swing class with my mom. Larry ended up scheduled to work (always the whipping boy), and I was really bummed that I was going to miss class.

My dear and wonderful friend Erin kindly agreed to watch Natalie while our boys were at VBS up the street (she gave up her evening alone to watch my child, and pick up my other one. good friend deed #1).

Natalie was thrilled to get some one on one time with Miss Erin, she couldn't wait for me to leave so that she could monopolize her and drown Erin in girly gooeyness. Natalie is a far cry from the cricket eating, dirt digging, sword swinging Christian (her boy).

Mom and I had a wonderful time dancing, I was asked twice to help the teacher demonstrate to the class, and he approached my mom and I and accused us of having experience (mom does, I am just blessed with natural rhythm). Class was over too soon, and I'm so looking forward to Salsa on Friday.

When I got home, Erin had 5 children with her (my two, her one, and another friends two boys). They were all outside playing when I got home (good friend deed #2) so that my house wouldn't be destroyed at 9:15 at night.

Then, once they all packed up and headed home, I noticed that Natalie and Erin had been busy while they were busy being girly (Natalie was wearing her Tinkerbell costume when I got home). Both children's rooms have been swept up and toys have been put in their proper place (Good friend deed #3 and #4, for both rooms). WOW. It made me so happy. I love living in a clean house, but apparently I'm not supposed to live in MY house.

I think there will a serious push for the kids to maintain their rooms (I'll bribe them with money for the Disneyland pot).

Thank you Erin. I love your type A personality. You can control my household whenever you want. And then Jen can come decorate it. (Oh, and Rach, now that you can see each room you can pick which one you want to stay in!)



4 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE your kids rooms!!

Kate said...

Dang, I need me some friends like THAT!

Jen said...

I think you did a great job of decorating your kids rooms! But I'd still love to help with your room. Wow, Erin is Supermom!

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic friend! I would never clean someone else's kids rooms, I hardly ever even cleaned Corinna's room. :) Anyway, both rooms are lovely and we're really not picky. I am so excited to be able to spend a little time with you and I'm so grateful to have a friend in you!!!! See you next week!
P.S. My dad said that he would love to see you.