Saturday, July 12, 2008

What my children drive people to do.

Self-portrait at 12,000 feet. Perfect composition (she even squeaked out a single tear!)


My sister from another mister, Tracy, has volunteered to watch my children Friday evenings for the next month so that mom and I can go Salsa dancing (we do Swing on Mondays).

So what does Tracy decide to do the day before she is scheduled to watch my children? Skydive! I mean I can't blame her for trying to end her life, but she could have just said no to me.


I'm really proud of her for following though with the experience, but as she described it to me it just made me that much more certain that I will NEVER jump out of an airplane. Ever. Never ever. Never.


But I'm happy for her (and happy she made it down in one piece). She did watch my children Friday night, and the Salsa instructor kicked our butts (apparently Aerobics 101 is a prerequisite).












2 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool. I used to want to do that. Than I found out having children produces similar feelings: fear, euphoria, terror, peace, and painful landings. :)

Hey! Lake on Monday?

t said...

Aw thanks for making me famous on your blog. Kate's right... skydiving is what you'll get to when your kids are getting grown ;)

Oh, and Tinkerbell and I had a fabulous time!