Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Family Fun Night

Natalie fell in love with the 3 calves. I think they were a little overwhelmed, they all fell asleep.

Brady harnessed up to ride the impromptu zip line that the search and rescue team put together. (I'm hoping to swipe a couple of the good photos from Erin...)

Last night (Tue) the kids and I headed over to the Baptist church to attend their family fun night. Those baptists can do it up right! They had a search and rescue team, 2 aid cars, a bouncy house and slide, lots of carnival games, hot dogs and popcorn, and to top off the evening, The Reptile Man made an appearance. The boys sat in the front row and really enjoyed the show. Natalie hung back with Erin and I (we met up with her and C, then we ran into Beka and her family, my neighbors who are members of the church, and 2 former co-workers of Erin and mine).

I didn't think I'd be celebrating my anniversary this way, and I thought I would be dining on something other than a hot dog and a cup of watered down tang, but hey, that's the price I pay so that I may stay home with the kids right?

Mom generously watched my kids tonight so that I could play Bunco (she works from 5:30-5:00 every day!) and I SO APPRECIATE it. I needed that little rejuvenation with my girlfriends. Although I would have loved to bring my mom instead of leaving her here. Once again, I just donated to the cause, I had 10 losses, 8 wins, 1 Bunco and 6 travels. Not close to winning a damn thing. Middle of the road, that's me.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey, dont feel bad, I havent won anything in ages! There is always next month! My place baby!

Anonymous said...

Now where were those search and rescuers when I was out there?