Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Reunion

My good friend Rachel (from middle school) came out to visit with her daughter and they are staying with us for the week.
I haven't seen them in years, resulting in lots of late-night talking. Her daughter Corinna is 14, so I have basically lost my computer to her for the week. So please forgive my lack of posting this week, but I have been waiting so long to catch up with these two.
We're off to Whidbey today to see Rach's ailing dad, and then we'll drive off the south end and take the ferry over to have dinner with my brother Richard (Rach and I refer to him as little Dicky. The big sister won't die in us.)


Here's a quick rundown of our visit so far:
Sunday: met up with a couple other high school classmates on Lake Samish and picnicked and caught up with each others lives.

Brady maxin and relaxin on the lake.
Natalie desperately tried to make friends with Taylor, but Taylor only had eyes for Corinna. :(



Monday: We had a girls day and headed to the mall, bought Cinnabons, and then I drug them over to Treasury to pick up a couple of items. It was so hard to make a "quick trip" in that store!

Larry busted out his prized hand-crank ice cream maker to delight our guests (and me).


Corinna nabbed my camera and does what all 14 year olds do, take hundreds of self-portraits. I smell a mini-book for Rachel to come with all of the photos of Corinna I have now!
Rach and Corinna chopping veggies for our salad.
Corinna caught me up in her portrait craze. It was fun to be silly & giggle like a teenager again!



Today: Heading down the island for the afternoon and then over to Everett and back home.










2 comments:

Jackie said...

How nice!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Tell Rach "Hi" and I hope to see her again soon, too! Enjoy your time together and give her a hug for me :)

Kate said...

What fun! Reconnecting with old friends is just the best!