Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Addictions have perks



So Starbucks launched their new "Gold" card on Monday, and we thought we were pretty special to receive an exclusive email regarding their new promotional product. I mean, I knew more about it than the barista inside Haggen did. What the card does is you purchase your annual membership of $25, and then you get 10% off every purchase along with other promos from time to time. This card can only save us money, because I've tried to make Larry ease up on his habit, and he's just too far gone. And those of you who know Larry, know that the Starbucks mermaid is the mistress in his life.
But little did we know how deep his love affair ran until he walked home yesterday from his regular Starbucks (the one 1000 ft from Costco), with one of only 3 FREE gold cards that each store got to hand out. Larry is one of their top three customers. That is sick. We're a one (basically) income family! And HE is one of their best customers?!
I'm scheduling an intervention for next Thursday evening at the Starbucks on Meridian.

(I'm actually drinking my coffee out of this exact mug as I type. Maybe I'm not the best candidate to lead a coffee intervention. I found this mug particulartly amusing because a. it applies to Larry personally an b. it applies to Larry professionaly as he is the HR manager.)

1 comments:

Jen said...

How many times a day must one frequent Starbucks to be one of the top three customers?