Sunday, November 30, 2008

Galbraith Mountain

My pal Maggie called this afternoon and invited us on a hike (Larry was on a 5 hour bike ride, which is all I'm going to say about that). Then 5 minutes later my mom called and said she wanted to go for a walk, did I have any suggestions? Why yes, let's join the Allen family and the Walker's on a hike!
Brady decided to be a first class pain in the rump, so I converged with Larry after his ride and dumped B and ran. He would have had a wonderful time, especially with his buddy Lucas, but I was in no mood to listen to him anymore, and didn't want to "reward" his attitude.
We hiked for almost 2 hours and there were two memorable quotes of the day. Lucas: "I think that boys and rocks match perfectly" and Natalie, on the way down the mountain whining quite a bit about being muddy and tired: "I'm getting a bit grumpy".
We had a wonderful time, the weather was pleasant (meaning it didn't rain, and I was comfortable in just a sweatshirt).
When we pulled into our driveway, Brady came running out of the house and gave me a big hug "did you have fun, mom?" "And I can go next time? With a good attitude?" (thank you Larry for whatever lecture you gave him!)

Kate and Maggie's boys inspecting a cold little snake.
One of the two very slow moving snakes.
The race is on! Trevor, Lucas, Maggie, Drake, and Natalie.
Yes, Tinkerbell is a wood nymph.
Party's over. I think Natalie is one of those girls who would rather lay by the poolside rather than get muddy running on trails.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like fun! I've never been hiking up there. Maybe someday when I get done playing Bob the Builder I can try it. :)

Erin said...

That sounds like a great day, grumpy fairies or not. At least you got to hang out with Mom.

t said...

What's happening right now is me shaking my head at the hiking Fairy. Sigh.