Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Little lunch ladies

The menu: PB&J/PB&H, Chips& Salsa, bananas, apple cider.


Brady had his good buddy Cameron over this afternoon to play, so Natalie had Riley all to herself. The girls decided to have lunch together and they sat at the table happily chatting, munching, and occasionally running downstairs to "check on the boys".


I actually braved Costco this evening, and the kids promised to behave (the lure of Costco pizza is magical). I got all my shopping done ( and we went late enough that there weren't any lines! Larry said the door counts were about 750 people and hour, and when I left the last door count was 79 (for an half hour). Timed that right. The real reason I felt compelled to go to Costco tonight of all nights, is that we won't have enough coffee to last the weekend. Seriously. I decided that a Costco crowd was worth my morning cuppa.


When we pulled into our driveway, I had to stop short for the 3 juvenile racoon's hanging around my garage door. They ambled over to the grass where I threw them a couple of strawberries (and I just got done watching the Great Outdoors, you'd think I'd have enough sense not to feed the wildlife in my front yard). They were so cute, they would wipe their hands in the dewy grass, then pick up the strawberry and wash it, then wipe their hands off again in the grass. My next door neighbor encountered their nest this summer while pruning bushes, they coons must have fared well. I am, however, constantly worried about Daisy now. That cat runs in and out of this house, and she isn't the brightest bulb in the box, either. Oh well, if anything happens, Natalie will be getting a kitten for Christmas!


I forgot to put the camera away after snapping the girls' picture, this is what I downloaded: Natalie's self portrait. Thank God 3 year olds have double chin issues too.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

WHAT!!??? Good luck Daisy and new Kitten?? OHH - Heather... my daisy :(

Kate said...

One must have one's coffee, even if it means braving torrential holiday crowds.