Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Friend or Foe?


This arrived (by my own doing) in my living room last night. The kids seem to think it's a hillbilly Ferris wheel. I tried to use it last night, but we had steaks for dinner with mom, and I felt ill trying to exercise after indulging.
I'm hoping it will be my friend. I have grand plans for it, none of which include storing jackets.
Also, as much as I want to shout his name from the rooftops, I cannot post any information about the newest Campbell, I don't want to jeopardize the adoption of this little boy in any way, shape or form; so you'll just have to wait until his homecoming for me to brag about him publicly. Sorry!
Larry and I went to Brady's first parent-teacher conference today. Luckily there were no surprises and Mrs. R said that Brady is right on target academically, and is a very nice boy to his classmates and "has very nice friends" (a shout out to Cole and Cameron!). The special ed facilitator(?) said that Brady still has a need for speech and language, but he can be removed from his social skills therapy. So that was wonderful to hear. And it was just amazing to see what amazing progress he has made in such a short period of time at school in his writing, reading, and math. He continues to amaze me more and more of all that he has accomplished so far.
And to put a little cherry on top of today, Julie came over and scrapbooked with me for a couple of hours. I think scrapbooking takes place in another time dimension, because we scrapped for over 2 hours, and it seems like we barely got anything done. That happens to me every time I scrap!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Well, you can feel free to tell everyone how incredibly beautiful he is. That would be safe. And he is, so everyone should know. I better stop typing now, I'm getting that goofy look on my face again.

Yay for Brady's progress at school, that's awesome. You should be so proud!
Erin

Kate said...

Good luck with the new contraption in your living room. And yuck, I can't imagine trying to do it after eating steak.

Yay for Brady's progress! Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn? I love seeing it.