Monday, November 3, 2008

Case of the Mondays

The younger sibs stuck on the sidelines. I think they made good use of their time.
Brady's schweet goalie skills, just like his Uncle.


No, Amelia's forehead isn't large, she is quite a lovely little girl, but it's the only photo I could get of the girls sitting together. They rode shotgun while various boys drove the semi truck (the girls navigated with maps too, isn't that what we women always get stuck doing? Then get yelled at when we get lost anyway?)

Natalie getting ready to set sail (or sail tug, I don't know the terminology) Shove off?
Indy operates heavy equipment (this thing has a loud speaker on it too... nothing like boys with a microphone to ease your nerves.)

Now I'm pissed. I just got finished typing you all a three paragraph thingy on everything and
the damn thing didn't save and not it's gone.

So... we went to the Skagit Children's Museum with the Aune's yesterday and I had already written about how nice it was to go with them and to have a friend to hang out with on the weekend for a change. Most of my circle spends their weekends doing family activities because that's what people with real lives do on the weekend.

Today I got to spend the day in B's classroom which was a lot of fun. I was going to bag out early since my time commitment was only an hour, but there was a "sub" (Mrs. Roberts was doing individual reading with each child so there was a very smart mommy helper who must have been a teacher in another life) so I stayed to help her wrangle 6 year olds. There is one 6 year old in particular that really made me decide I couldn't bail on this woman. He is what you would call in not so PC terms a spaz. And today he was just that. He gets daily progress reports and today he earned a frowny face. I really feel for Mrs. Roberts after today. But then this boy says something very sweet in his little squeaky voice that makes it sound that much sweeter, and you leave still liking him.

And I forgot (again) about soccer tonight. Larry offered to take us all out for dinner and all thoughts of responsibility left my brain and I went. Soccer just keeps falling off my radar. I don't know what my problem is this season. Must be vacation brain, since soccer started while we were still on vacation.

Off to go curl up in bed. My blog title went along with the first draft of this post that I ALREADY WROTE, and really didn't feel like rewriting. But I've been in a funk for about a week now, and I can't shake it and it's making me bummed. I have no energy, but I wake up at 6 am every morning anyway. Ick.

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's this craptastic weather, I tell ya!

Jen said...

funny thing, someone once callled me " funny looking white girl with the big forehead (maybe it is in Amelia's genes).