Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And one more thing

I had planned on making my Christmas cards again this year, but I started doing the math of it all, and got nervous. I mean I like my family and friends and love to send Christmas cards (I mean I love my family and friends and like to send Christmas cards ;) but as I started adding up how many cards I needed and the cost per photo and the supplies needed to make what I wanted I decided that you all just aren't worth it. Har har.
I did find on Shutterfly a great graphic that goes with the photos that I wanted to use, and they also have a deal right now that if you buy 50 cards, you just 25 free. So I figured that was another sign that making cards this winter isn't supposed to happen. I'm supposed to focus on my Halloween minibook and finishing our Disneyland vacation book (and finish editing the in-laws photos so that they may get their cards done too!)
And that leads me on another tangent... I really hate calling them my "in-laws" because they are just family. But how else to I describe them without having to lead you all down another tangent like: "My husbands mom who I love to death and her doesn't-make-financial-sense-to-marry partner who she's known for almost 40 years but didn't fall in love until the weekend Larry and I got married and she came up for a visit and they reconnected and have been together ever since and now we all love him just as much and my family would be lost without him too?" It's just easier to say "my in-laws" right? You get what that means now. I guess when I type "in-laws" it looks like I might say it with a hint of dissent, but I don't and that 's why I don't like describing them as "the in-laws".
Phew, I need to go clean something now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think anybody that knows you would know that when you say "in-laws" it is only for lack of an easier explanation. I wouldn't worry about that. And hey....the x-mas cards, don't feel bad about making them. If I even get around to writing them, it's a miracle if I get around to buying stamps and sending them. hahahaha