Saturday, November 22, 2008

Secret Star

Alex refused to give me a plain ol smile, so I had them say "stinky feet".

I dropped off B with Erin today so that she could take him to his final soccer game (where he apparently got sidelined for continually playing for the other team) and met Chris at TOM to introduce her to the crack known as scrapbooking. Her boys play so nicely with my kids, I was a little bummed that Brady didn't get to see them, but 3 boys and a wild girl in a scrapbook store would have been a little much, no?

Then Natalie and I headed out to the county to attend her friend and classmate Abbey's 4th birthday. Abbey had an older sister, and so she insisted on having a Hannah Montana/HSM party. The girlyness of it all was a lot to take in. But she had a terrific time and has been exposed to all kinds of new girly things (ugh). In spite of all that, I also had a nice time, Abbey's mom Michelle is very nice (and we have similar decorating taste, minus the clutter-mine.) I also bonded with the other girly moms over our "pervy mom" crushes on Zac Efron from High School Musical. Natalie hasn't seen (nor is interest in) HSM 1,2 or 3, but I secretly rented the first 2 and am hooked. I really want to see #3, but will feel really pervy going by myself to the theatre. I'll have to wait to get my fix at Blockbuster.

Part time rocker.

After we rounded up Brady, I bribed them with the hot tub tonight if we didn't have to eat McDonalds for dinner, so we stopped at Kmart to get some spa chemicals. That was a bust (the xmas stuff took over the summer stuff, duh me) so I let the kids ride on the baby rides outside while I froze my tail off.


Over to bLowe's and found what we needed, but not after we took a tour through the Christmas decorations. The children both liked the inflatable "baby Jesus" (nativity) and the Nutcracker. Nothing says high class better than a blow up Jesus in your front yard (which we would need to stake down so that baby Jesus doesn't blow down the street in the storms). I think my kids last name might be Griswald.

On a sidenote with Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I highly suggest renting 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles'. We own it and watch it every 4th Thursday in November while we sit at home with only my brother and mom (who are local). Having a small family means not having to kill ourselves for the holidays, I'm thankful for that.

1 comments:

t said...

I'll totally take you to see High School musical OR Hannah Montana.