Monday, November 24, 2008

It's been 2 days...

and I haven't blogged. Oops. Yesterday the kids and I met my mom at Barnes & Noble to shop on "St. Paul Day" where Natalie's school gets a percentage of the sales. Natalie's teachers were each reading stories, so she was excited to see them in another enviroment. Brady chose to work himself up into a froth once we got inside the store and he spiraled into a frenzy. I tried taking him out to the car to calm him down but he was having none of it. I tried to threaten his life, but I was highly self-concious due to the hundreds of Christian families milling about the parking lot that day (Brady should thank his lucky stars).
I finally got him to settle down (20 minutes later) and he drank a glass of milk and fared better for the remainder of our time there. At what point do these horrible temper tantrums cease? Time to talk to the counselor again, I suppose.
My mom took them both with her afterwards (why??!!) so I could go home and file our life insurance paperwork before the deadline (I'm tempted to take some out on Brady... heh heh). I did that, picked up a little and watched Hairspray (cuz Zac Efron is in it. Pervy mom, I know. Not my catch-phrase by the way.)

I worked all stinking day today, it was Julie's 30th birthday so the office was full of treats, and I had Tracy as a patient today. She was completely uncooperative and we had to sedate her for her exam. Just kidding. Maybe.

I got my photostamps in the mail last week, and it's killing me to wait to mail my Christmas cards. How early is too early? I'm sick, I know.

No pic's today, just my endless droll. I'll try better tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jen said...

We watched Hairspray yesterday too! I'm terrified Aiden is going to use the word "Negro" now. By my Christmas etiquette cards are sent out on the 1st of December but whatever floats your boat.

t said...

Dude, you shoulda told me it was Julie's birthday.. I coulda been like a singing telegram! OHHHH, now it makes sense why I was stumbling around in a stupor for two hours after I left there! (don't forget to schedule Josh for that day we talked about.. wink wink)

Kate said...

Have you ever compared B's outbursts/tantrums/whatever to when he last ate? I'm just curious - fancying myself a medical expert, I wonder if his blood sugar drops and makes him crazy. I've seen it happen with patients. Just a thought. I'm sure you've thought of/tried everything.

rebecca said...

send them now! I can't wait to see them.

Erin said...

If it would help, you're welcome to make my Christmas cards.
Erin

Jen C. said...

A belated hi. I saw you guys at the barnes and noble thing. My boy was on the edge of flipping out - scratching his head like a diseased cat and refusing to get anywhere near the story readers. good times!

Heather said...

Glad to hear Dane and B were on the same plane.
I immediately thought about his being hungry, Kate. I think it has something to do with it, but certainly not all. I just don't think it helped anything by being hungry.
Erin, I have leftover cards, if your friends and family don't mind picutres of the Allred's, I'd be happy to send out cards for you...
And, I will wait until Monday to send my cards, because I only adhere to the most proper of etiquette, as those of you know me already know that ;)