Tuesday, November 25, 2008

White trash family


Ok, that's not a fair statement because Larry wasn't there to make it a "family affair". I spent the better part of this afternoon dragging the kids to various grocery stores (the co-op, Freddies, and Cost Cutter). I don't normally shop at Cost Cutter, but I had gotten the best salsa in the world (Salsa Mama, medium please) at the Co-op and needed the best corn chips in the world to go with it (Cost Cutter's home made chips from their tortillaria in Lynden.) On our way out, dodging the senior citizens and redneck trucks, the kids begged for me to let them climb on the rocks in the parking lot. I was tired and felt a tad guilty for dragging them around all day, so I didn't forbid it. Who knows how many bums and drunkards have pissed on these rocks, but nothing a little Purell and a hot bath won't fix.Who lets their children play in a ghetto parking lot? During rush hour? Oh well, I'm teaching them "life skillz" right?

10 points (Erin's excluded) for whoever guesses what kind of mustache Brady has. Hint: It's his favorite drink next to milk. And it's very good for him. It's blurry, sorry, the co-op people seem very friendly in their woolen caps until you dilly-dally pulling out of your parking spot.

3 comments:

Erin said...

No fair, I want 10 points! Isn't it obvious? And this is from the boy who thinks green jello is gross. Well, it is made with cows feet, so maybe he has a point.

t said...

"Green" Drink.. aka Superfood.. duh
hey, I wasn't excluded from guessing!

Jen said...

superfood! I ran into Haggen's for garlic bread before dinner last night and a woman stopped me and asked if "I really wanted to go in there?" Good for you, braving 3 stores. I like the excitement of everyone preparing for the same day.