Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tired Turkey

If it weren't for the carcass simmering on my stovetop right now, I'd be unconscious. The whole family snuggled in bed tonight watching Happy Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown and The story of the Mayflower and the first pilgrims Charlie Brown style.

We had a wonderful feast and my brother went home with plenty of leftovers (and I snuck some turkey to his little dog so she'd toot on him during the ride home. heh heh). I thought Brady might jump off the upper deck anticipating Uncle Richards arrival. He is just mad for "Uncle".


Natalie and I woke up this morning and watched the Macy's parade together (while I fought back tears every time a marching band or the Rockettes came on). She and I danced all over the living room like Rockettes, something I've never done before during the parade and I think it might be an exclusive experience that only daughters (girly ones anyway) have with their mama's. I could hardly get Brady to watch a balloon go by.




I am thankful that my mom lives so close to us this year, that my in-laws got to spend the day with family far away from us, that my brother got to spend the whole day up here, that Larry has a job where he gets to spend the holidays at home, that my friends all are in good health and happy, and that it's so damn cold outside that I can leave all the beverages on the porch to make room for leftovers and still enjoy a cold soda.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Thanksgiving HB! Sounds like it was a good one! I was in bed early yesterday - too much Turkey Lurkey.... :)

Sara Blair said...

We're a parade watching family too...but we love the Broadway show numbers...well except The Little Mermaid, I was just SO dang cold watching that one...