Monday, May 12, 2008

Ah, Mother's Day

So I woke up at 7 am on Sunday (I was SUPPOSED to get to sleep in!) but my migraine from 10 am Saturday was still hanging out. I got out and the kids and Lar made me coffee and fetched me the paper, and let me lesiurely linger over the ads while my pill kicked in.

Then the kids re-presented me with their terrific gifts that they made me at school (love another excuse to ooh and ahh over them), and Larry bought me the Costco assortment of gifts (there is comfort and sweetness in the predictable). I got the new trio of ice cream toppings (uh, OK), some new mixing bowls (I love mixing bowls!), and a beautiful orchid in a really tall glass vase, it's really nice.

We connected with Ma and her friend Jan, then called Tracy and Gosh to wake them up (at 10:30). Since we had a large group, and I did absolutely no cleaning or shopping for food the day before (damn migraine!), we didn't have any plans for brunch (as it was to be a pot luck at my house). So we all converged at IHOP, just like all the other high class families in the county.

Service was actually really great, and despite the crowd, we all had a great afternoon. It was just a bummer that we couldn't linger over coffee and talk more (angry patrons still waiting in the lobby).

Gosh and Tracy couldn't get away from the kids ( a simple meal wouldn't do for the kids, they need their Josh time!!!!), so they headed back to our house to visit some more, while Mom and Jan went antiquing (my inheritance is shot). Overall, it was a wonderful day (with a nap thrown in for good measure!), and I can't wait to do it again next year!

(OH, and no pictures... I was in no mood while I was still in pain; and who wants a family photo sittin inside IHOP?)

0 comments: