Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Man, I feel like a woman...

In ode to Shania's pending divorce...

Today, after I dropped Brady off at day camp, hosted my last (almost!) meeting as President of MOMS Club, checked on mom's countertop progress (none), picked up Brady from day camp, came home so Larry could leave for work, took Brady to preschool (at the elementary school), ran back over to mom's to check on countertop progress (installed and beautiful!), and back home in time to meet Brady (he rode home from school with some neighbor friends); after all that I PRESSURE WASHED. Arrr, arrr, arrr (a la Tim Taylor from Home Improvement).

I love to pressure wash. The problem is so does Brady (and Larry too), so when we actually get around do doing it, there is a three way battle for the gun. I won today. It's just so satisfying, as you see the scuzz disappear. I only got about 1/8th of our deck sprayed today, and the table and umbrella. Our deck out back is huge, but you can't really tell just how big it is until you try to clean it. I'll have to measure it and take photos of my progress tomorrow (cross your fingers it doesn't rain, although I have pressure washed in the rain. I mean, look where we live! How much work would get done in this part of the country if we didn't work in the rain?) But I don't think I'll be measuring or photographing for you if it's raining.

On a side note, I found out today that Debbie (excuse me Deborah) Gibson holds the world record for being the youngest artist who wrote and perfomed her own #1 hit songs. I had a boyfriend in High School (I guess he's the one I'd call my high school sweetie), and he had a major crush on her. And Duran Duran. He and I differed greatly in music taste. I was a The Cure girl. But thinking of older bands... What was your first concert? I did see The Cure in high school (with my friend who dressed up as Robert Smith. Scott always did have a flair for the outrageous). But my very first concert? I went to the Opera House at the Seattle Center with Sarah Blakemore and her hippie dad (from Vashon) and saw Tiffany. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Except I was 12. But I still found the humor in a hippie dad taking us to see a girl who covered Beatles songs.

2 comments:

Jen said...

My first concert was Tiffany too!! We went with my bestfriend's Dad and another Dad and like 6-7 twelve year old girls piled in a motorhome (that's how you do things in Canada!)

rebecca said...

How sad am I, I have NEVER been to a concert. I am into heavy metal music and have alwyas been afraid to go to one. I guess I am to old now! I have been to some local band nights while I was in High school and was pretty close to the mosh pit - does that count a little?