Saturday, May 17, 2008

Little Kid Heaven

Natalie sporting her freshly painted nails.


Would you just look at how this kid looks at his mama? And those dimples!


They found a hole on the top of the turf mountain. Their "fortress".


Hey Christian, whatcha gonna do with that piece of sod? Cuz it looks like trouble.

We found a little slice of heaven today over in Erin's backyard. An excavated field and the mound of turf and dirt from the excavation. Oh, baby.

If we didn't have to snip wires to sneak into the field, it would have been that much more fun. Especially since Erin and I could have sat on her back porch and drank margaritas. But, the kids had a great time (while Erin and I squirmed from all the people staring at us standing in the middle of a completely fenced off area).

In other news, we took Brady to the doc today. They swabbed his finger puss (heh, didn't see that word coming, did ya? *puss* Doesn't your nose kind of crinkle?) and started him on a 10 day cycle of Antibiotic. The doc thinks he got a kind of strep infection and also thinks there may be a sliver in there, but we can't tell with the swelling and... puss. I thought you only got strep in your throat. Shows how much I know.

On the way to the Dr., Brady asked me if he was going to cut his finger off. I chuckled and said "of course not, honey!" Then immediately regretted my response. What if he had a flesh eating bacteria and he did lose his finger? There was that kid in Ferndale who lost half his face from a little cut! Would my son ever get out of therapy after that doosy of a lie I told him? What if they HAD to cut his finger off, and he says "But mom, you promised this wouldn't happen!" Oh, god. The guilt. I would have made a great Catholic. I carry too much guilt for one person. Especially an Agnostic person. I mean, where am I supposed to release this guilt upon? I can't pray it away. It just sits here and festers and makes me kill myself trying to do right in this world. Ugh.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sadness this morning. The CAT crew appears to be flattening the sod mountain. Sniff, sniff. How's that pussy (oops, does that turn into a bad word? It's puss, with a "Y") wound doing? Responding to the drugs I hope.

t said...

phhh Catholic.. it's the Jewish mother in you sneaking out again.. I still say we'll spend our winters later in life in Miami ;)