Friday, May 16, 2008

OK, I'm calling the doctor (queasy stomachs look away)

Last Tuesday (as in May 6th) Brady was playing with sticks and dirt with his bff Christian. He got a little "burn" from the stick and complained about it. We washed his hands at dinner, and I bandaged it up, and forgot about it. Boys are constantly marred in some way, right?

Then Wednesday (May 14) Brady complained about his finger again. We look at it, and the sore is still there, so Larry puts a blister band aid on it (He said it was medicated. He was full of shit). Brady kept asking me what this thing was on the band aid, and I kept telling him it was part of the band aid (the blister ones are squishy, turns out it was part of his finger I think). I noticed his finger was a teeny bit big, but I thought it might be because the band aid was too tight.

This morning Larry calls me at work. His finger had swollen up and was almost completely a solid blister. I left work to help hold down Brady while we doctored it up. It was disgusting, and I'll leave it at that. But I was(am) shocked at the sight of his finger. We sterilized it and covered it, and I've cleaned it several times today.

This is his finger at 10 pm tonight. I'm calling the doctor in the morning.


1 comments:

Kate said...

Ewww, that doesn't look good. Definitely call the doctor in the morning. FYI - Urgent Care opens at 7am. :) Keep me updated!