Friday, May 2, 2008

Retail therapy

Once I get the idea in my head that I need a haircut/color, it must be done NOW. So I made an appointment to do just that today. I took the day off of work and got a babysitter even to make sure I wouldn't be rushed. When I get there though, I find out that my stylist's muffler fell off of her car and she needs to reschedule. I got pissy, because I had my heart set on having my hair cut today. And I'm missing work and paying someone to watch Natalie to boot. So I sulked out of the salon and drove over to Treasury of Memories. And that helped because they had the new tool front and center that I had been eyeing in a magazine. The Big Bite Crop-a-dile. So I can punch holes in the middle of my scrapbook pages.

Feeling a little better, but not quite so I headed over to Hardware Sales to complete a task that would be a nightmare with children. That store stresses me out the second I walk in there. Then I went and leisurely wandered each aisle at Trader Joes. Retail therapy complete. As I was leaving, Larry calls (it's 12:40 and he leaves for work at 12:30). The babysitter didn't show up. So I guess I lucked out that I didn't get my haircut today. I did get to enjoy a quiet lunch with Natalie that I hadn't anticipated today. She's pretty nice company. I hope my babysitter's OK.

Now we have to go get Brady. His teacher took his class to the bowling alley for their end-of-year celebration. She figured that the 6 boys that make up the class would much rather go bowling than to sit for an hour and a half at Mon-Art. Smart lady.

Brady commented this morning that a particular classmate is "weird". I kind of said something about how people have different personalities and adjust to groups differently. But the truth is, I agree with Brady. Only 3 more weeks of school and summer will have officially started for the Allred family!

0 comments: