Friday, May 23, 2008

I was a goner...



Before Brady even walked out onto the podium, I was done for. Mrs. Burgess started talking about the kids and she is so sweet and loving, it just broke my heart. Then they came walking out to 'Pomp and Circumstance' with little sashes that said "Preschool Graduate". Of course I made my mom and mom-in-law laugh at my pitiful sight.
It started by me looking thorough Brady's "Preschool memories" book that Mrs. Burgess made for each child. It has some art work and photos from throughout the school year. Then, on the last page is a picture of his class and this poem:

You are a very special person
And you should really know,
How I loved to be your teacher,
How fast the year did go.

Please come back to visit me
As through the grades you grow,
Try hard to learn all you can,
There is so much to know.

One thing I tried to teach you,
To last your whole life through,
Is to know that you are special,
Just because you are you.

Love, Mrs. Burgess


Now, tell me how was I supposed to survive after that?

1 comments:

Tink1272 said...

I think that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. I don't even have kids, and I was tearing up over here! Right on, Mrs. Burgess! She is obviously doing this for the right reasons!