Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Boom Boom bada Boom

So I live across the street from a high school. And today one of my favorite things started. The marching band started practicing outside.

Every day around this time, I start hearing the bass drums keeping beat, then the snares rat-a-tat-tatting. Then, every once in a while, when they finally get their marching down pat, the rest of the band joins in.

I think it's a little treasure to live here and be serenaded every day. Luckily, I never had to march in high school. I hated pep band, I think I would have died to have to play in marching band too. I'm an orchestra girl. But I tear up (I am not kidding) at parades when the marching bands go by. The dork in me refuses to die!


I wouldn't call us band geeks, would you? Those 2 boys were freshmen hanging out with us (juniors) and grew up to be very handsome, very cool guys. And they had to be cool to be hanging out with May and me at the Hard Rock Cafe, right? (Hawaii band tour 1992)




OK, there are only 2 people here that AREN'T band geeks (me and the other long blonde haired girl that looks like me, I'm sitting on the ground in the SWHS shirt) Marrowstone Music Festival 1991.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I tear up when I hear Christmas carollers, what's up with that?

Tink1272 said...

I miss the band days. I was in marching band, pep band, orchestra, and jazz band. And I was a band geek in every sense of the word. :-) Oh, to be serenaded by the marching band around here - I don't even know where they are!