Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How do you cure a sneak?


Natalie is regressing. In the last month she has:
stolen 2 bottles of nail polish and dumped them (on my carpet. 'nuf said); she has taken red Sharpie to her face and shirt (Brady stole the pen, then left it out); she snuck into my scrapbooking stuff to take a jar of buttons (you know what happened there); she kept sneaking into my mom's guest room today to sneak Andes mints (even though she was told no more after my mom gave her 2); she covered her body with hand sanitizer today; she (and Riley) climbed on top of her dresser to get the fish food that was placed about 3 feet over MY head and dumped the entire jar of food, along with some knick-knacks into the fish tank, effectively suffocating several fish. The list goes on and on. And the longer I make it, the worse I look on paper, like I'm never around to monitor this.

But she is sneaking around to do this crap. So everything "appears" hunky-dory, but she is hatching a plan.

And at 3 years old, I thought my follow-the-baby-everywhere days were easing up. Nope.

She is, however, confirming that Terrible Two's are a myth. It's Three that might kill ya. Or her.

Any ideas on how to stop a sneaky vandal? She is so pathetic when I punish her, you have no idea. "I"m suh-suh-suh-sorry Mommy!" "I won't do it again!" "I wu-wuv you, mommy!" "You not angry at me anymore?" "See? I'm a good girl, now. Does that make you happy?" She works it, you try to keep a clear head when she starts flinging that at you.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's hilarious but I'm not living it!

cmhl said...

Someone sent me a post to my site sending me your way-- I have had the Crouching Mommy, Hidden Laundry site since 2005. This is very hurtful to me, but I'm sure it must be an honest mistake. Please email me at cmhlgirl at gmail dot com.