Friday, May 30, 2008

The sun will come out...


Actually it came out around 2:30 today. And my mood lifted tremendously around 4:00 (and again at 5:30 when I cracked a beer. Mothership Wit. It's organic. So I'm doing my part in the world, right?).

My blog is public once again.

We've instituted the marble incentive program in our house (and car) and it seems to be working out so far. B and N have jars to earn (or lose) marbles in, and when they reach a certain goal (don't ask what that is yet, we haven't figured it out) then they earn privileges and treats. Like Brady wants to see several movies this summer. And Natalie wants to go to Chuck E Cheese (gag).

I'm still waiting to eat dinner, I pulled a salmon burger recipe out of this months Cooking Light, and I can't wait to test run it. The burgers are 'setting' in the fridge now. I lesson I already learned is to buy frozen fillets or something. I bought a whole salmon last night, because it was on sale. Problem is, I'm not the go-to gal on removing salmon skin. So the money I saved by buying whole is now in my garbage can.

And I got this new toy for the kids at the consignment store today, it's a water carnival. Keeping my WT roots alive and kickin. But Natalie and Riley sure had a good time. Notes of photos: This is Natalie's first bikini. I have resisted buying them because I don't think 3 year old girls should be wearing skimpy suits but she is so damn lanky and they suits were only $2 I figured they would be appropriate for backyard activities. And Larry would like to highlight the small wound on Natalie's side. It's her first road rash from cycling (or triking in her case). As a veteran bicycle racer Larry and Rusty (fellow cycling enthusiast) are so proud that she has her first wound from the "sport". Natalie told our neighbor to let go of her trike when she was at the top of the cul-de-sac. So she did. So Natalie at the curb.

The girls figuring out how to work the water carnival.



The first hit. It went downhill fast after this (with girlie screaming and giggling included).



Natalie shooting blind. (now you can see her road rash.)

0 comments: