Friday, May 16, 2008

Ski to Sea parade, kiddie style


Natalie is releived that the parade is over. That girl loves an audience!


Brady on the other hand... he told me to go throw his scooter in the dumpster.

So on the hottest day of year (so far!) what do we do? Go find the largest crowd in Bham and stand in the middle of it.

We had to stand around for about 30 minutes (once we found our group) waiting for our turn to head down the parade route. The natives got restless, but luckily one mom bought a bag of cotton candy to bribe good behavior, and the pirates on another float distracted the mob of children.

The kids actually rode the entire parade route, it's the longest trip Natalie's made on her trike (including walking from Cornwall/Alabama through the entire parade crowd and back to our "group", then riding in the parade!). And it was HOT. But they had fun, I was happy to get them to participate in a little tradition of our city as well as some good ol' Americana. Or whatever.

Then, I realized that our walk home was slightly uphill (not easy on a trike) and it was dinner time. I had put myself in quite the pickle!

My survival tactic was this: Eat a slice at Chichitti's Pizza, then catch the gold line to our car. It was worth the 12.75 (dinner & bus fare!). We hopped off the bus, jumped in the car and cruised home. And let me tell ya, I made the right decision. Someone wouldn't have made it home alive.


Moods are better with pizza in your tummy and a 'free' ride home!

0 comments: