Thursday, May 22, 2008

Take that, Jen!



Since Jen is gone on a family holiday, I'll take this opportunity to try to live up to her golden standard and she can't knock me off my pedastal at least until the weekend is over. I don't think they have internet service in Canada. It's just moose and tooks, right?

So anyway, last night I was watching Clean Sweep (I'm addicted to that and Clean House, I love it when I find people that are bigger pigs than me) and the host was berating the woman for her gigantic pile of artwork that her children have compiled, and then I looked into my art closet. There are my two portfolios for my chilren, with a pile of artwork next to them. Not in them. Just next to. Then I thought of a recent post that Jen had up on her blog. And then I realized I'm no better than this schmuck on TV.

The purged pile.

I pulled out that pile (and found the other 4 piles lying around the house) of my childrens creations, played art critic and purged about 60% of their lazy day art, and actually labeled and filed the rest away! And I even made labels for the rest of the pockets in the portfolio. That wasn't a good idea, because by the time I got to the last pocket in Natalie's portfolio, it was 2015. Oh. My. God. Why, why did I go too far with the labeling? 2015 is a lifetime from now, right? RIGHT!? Somebody say RIGHT!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Right

Tink1272 said...

I, too am a Clean House addict - for the same reason and because I love Neicy. That is really a fabulous idea for what to do with the kids art projects. I never would have thought of that, but how cool!

And yes, 2015 is a lifetime away!

Jen said...

BTW it's spelled "toque" and we only saw moose "scat" (Aiden informed me of the proper terminology) on our trip. Ha!Ha! I think you did great I don't have much art to work with. I also find the file box great for the preschool memory book, report cards etc.